Skip to content
Story of our Cashmere
SAY HELLO TO OUR GOATS!
- Originates in Ladakh, one of the most desolate and harshest environments in the world
- Ladakh is nestled in stark mountains, rarified plateaus with relentlessly low temperatures all year
- In these largely uninhabited and pristine landscapes resides the Capra Hircus- our sweet goats!
- This goat grows and sheds hair that is 1/6th as fine as human hair
- one of the warmest fibers in the world
- sublimely soft tactile feel
SAY HELLO TO THE CHANGPAS!
(DID WE SAY IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO CREATE EVERY CIKANA PRODUCT, HAND-MADE WITH A LOT OF LOVE, AND GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL)
- Our goats are reared by a tribe of nomads- the Changpa.
- Changpas have preserved the pedigree of their livestock, hence they are rare.
- These rare goats, the purest form, only 8-10 tons per year
- Our goats produce longest and purest cashmere fibers found anywhere on the planet.
- These precious fibers are collected by combing, not shearing.
- The Cashmere is collected as a result of natural process of molting.
- The natural fibers are treated with great care by the weavers in Kashmir.
- Fibers are hand spun into exquisite pashminas on traditional looms.
- Century old weaving traditions.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device